- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Greek fried chicken is not the same as your American variety. Fried in olive oil and served with lemon, there's a definite Mediterranean flair to this recipe. Serve with a green salad or Greek salad on the side.
43 people made this
- 4 skinless chicken pieces
- 125ml Greek olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash poultry seasoning
- 125ml olive oil for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:5min marinating › Ready in:35min
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken pieces with 125ml olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, oregano, cinnamon and poultry seasoning. Allow the chicken to soak in the oil and seasonings for five minutes. Better yet, rub the marinade into the chicken using your hands.
- Heat 125ml olive oil over low heat in a deep frying pan with a lid to fit (to keep the juices in the chicken). Carefully lay the chicken pieces in the frying pan. Put the lid on the pan, and cook until chicken is done, about 20 minutes, flipping pieces occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook just long enough to make the outside of the chicken brown.
- Serve hot, garnished with lemon wedges. Squeeze some lemon on the chicken for delicious added flavour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(44)
Reviews in English (29)
by CJ McD
I added fresh crushed garlic to the marinade, then baked the chicken instead of frying. We avoid frying. Delish!Next time I'm going to cook it on the grill-- I think that would be even better.-19 Feb 2007
This was awesome. Very quick and easy to make, we used chicken drumsticks, served it with rice and a vegetable--perfect!! Very, very tasty.-24 Nov 2003
Tasty and easy. My husband loved and I loved it. My husband especially liked the subtle hint of olive flavor. Yummy!!-25 May 2004