- Pasta types
This is a Greek-inspired pasta bake using wholewheat pasta for a healthy twist. Green pepper, spring onion, basil, oregano, black olives and feta combine for a lovely dish that is low in fat too.
25 people made this
- 450g wholewheat penne pasta
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 700ml passata
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 150g sliced black olives
- 60g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and pour into a deep casserole dish.
- Stir tomatoes, green pepper, spring onion, olives and passata into the pasta. Season with basil and oregano and mix until evenly blended. Sprinkle mozzarella and feta cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(21)
Reviews in English (15)
This sounds delish! Will be trying this for dinner tonight-15 Jul 2010
by LITTLE OREGON GIRL
I am so glad to be only the second reviewer of this dish, because I want everyone to try it!!! It is DELISH exactly the way it is, no mods. Try this tonight, and I highly recommend sticking to the recipe!-18 Jun 2004
by Jean Koontz
"The pasta is incredible." My husband's opinion. Combined this with the layering aspect of Greek Spaghetti I. Mixed the sauce and seasoning ingredients listed with the spaghetti, then layered pasta, crumbled feta, pasta, sliced provolone, pasta, shredded mozzerela and sharp cheddar. I will put a layer just under the last layer of cheese next time to keep it more moist, but it was great.-10 Jan 2005