- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Jerk chicken
This is a Jamaican-inspired dish combining the flavours of barbecued jerk chicken with a lovely jerk-flavoured cream sauce, all tossed with pasta. If desired, you can cook the chicken breasts under the grill or in a ridged griddle pan.
87 people made this
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons jerk paste
- 350g egg pasta (any shape)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon jerk paste
- 125ml dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 limes, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 125ml double cream
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, for garnish
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:1hr40min
- Rub each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil, cook the pasta as directed on packet; drain.
- Lightly oil the barbecue grate. Barbecue chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped coriander, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the double cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide onto 4 serving plates, and top with barbecued chicken. Garnish each serving with a coriander sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(63)
Reviews in English (49)
Hi, everyone!!! I just made this recipe and it was a smash hit.. I made a few modifications though. I totally suggest using the Island Pepper Company, Island jerk seasoning as your jerk paste. It's the best paste you can buy and is superb. I like grilling my chicken but I chose not to. For the chicken, I took two boneless chicken breasts with jerk seasoning (3-4 tablespoons rubbed in) cooked them in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil until almost cooked. After that, I cut the chicken into strips and cooked until some browning occured. Then, mixed all the pasta egg noodles into the sauce with the chicken to follow. Simmer in the pan for 5 minutes and you have yourself a treat. If you have ever eaten at Bahama Breeze, this recipe mocks thier Jamaican Jerk Chicken. The key is the Jerk Paste... Try to find the Island Pepper Co. paste.. You will be totally satisfied. I blew myself away with the recipe. You should also try bowtie pasta for an awesome presentation..-25 Jan 2004
I used this recipe recently for a bridal shower. The bride and groom were going to one of the islands and wanted to get into a festive mood. The dish was a smash hit. I did make a few changes -- I sauteed a small onion and a few strips of green pepper with the garlic. To add body to the pasta sauce I made a simple white roux and added it to the sauce.Thanks for the recipe!!!-13 Apr 2002