- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Apple cake
A moist apple cake that is perfectly spiced with cinnamon. There's no dairy in this recipe. The oil is what helps to keep this cake deliciously moist.
294 people made this
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons caster sugar
- 375g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 400g caster sugar
- 225ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 60ml orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr20min ›Ready in:1hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour one 25cm tube cake tin. Combine the ground cinnamon and 5 teaspoons of the sugar together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and 400g sugar. Stir in the vegetable oil, beaten eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake mixture into the prepared tin. Top with 1/2 of the sliced apples and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Pour the remaining cake mixture over the top and layer the remaining sliced apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 70 to 90 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(214)
Reviews in English (174)
This is a great apple cake, easy to make, i added more cinnamon but that is my taste .-16 Oct 2015
This is the best apple cake recipe ever. It is so moist with just the right amount of spice.-28 May 2014
Great cake, a bit different but really nice.-21 Aug 2012