- Dish type
This fattoush leaves nothing behind! Full of crunchy vegetables, fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds and molasses for a hint sweet and sour flavour.
1 person made this
- 6 cos lettuce leaves, chopped
- 3 cabbage leaves, chopped
- 2 small radishes, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 tablespoons tinned sweetcorn kernels
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 sprigs parsley, minced
- 12 mint leaves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 pitta breads
- vegetable oil for frying
MethodPrep:40min ›Ready in:40min
- Toss together the lettuce, cabbage, radish, cucumber, red pepper, carrot, corn, tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, olive oil, pomegranate seeds and pomegranate molasses in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or saucepan. Fry the pita breads until golden in colour. Remove to cool on paper towels. Crush the bread into small pieces; sprinkle over the salad.
Rather than deep frying the pitta, you can instead brush with olive oil and place under a hot grill. Turn occasionally and remove once both sides are browned and the pitta is crispy.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
This recipe has a lot of extra ingredients, some of which made the salad too bitter (ie. cabbage). My husband is Lebanese and I have never had Fattoush with this many ingredients. It's also missing a few key ingredients from other recipes (ie. sumac, salt, etc.) Keep it simpler - much tastier in the "Authentic" version! I would stick with the Authentic Lebanese Fattoush on this website.-20 May 2008
Would be excellent if you omit the following: the cabbage, the red pepper, the carrots, the corn, the parsley.-03 Mar 2008
by Kaitie & Jeanna
This was excellent! I actually toasted the pita rounds and cut them into fours. we piled the fattoush on top and used the pitas as scoops. It was wonderful! Some Fattoush is more 'simple' in its ingredients, but I feel this one was very good and each ingredient complimented another in its own way. I recommend giving it a try!-07 Nov 2010