- Seafood pasta
A deliciously simple recipe, taking cooked linguine and topping them with freshly cooked mussels and melted butter. A perfect, yet light meal when served with a side salad.
44 people made this
- 2.4kg fresh mussels
- 450g linguine pasta
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 475ml white wine
MethodPrep:35min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:50min
- Scrub mussels and pull off beards, cutting them at the base with a paring knife. Discard those that do not close when you handle them and any with broken shells.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan place 30g butter, onion, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme and wine. Bring to the boil and lower heat; cook for 2 minutes. Add mussels; cover and cook just until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Divide linguine into 4 bowls and spoon over the mussels.
- Strain mussel liquid and return to saucepan. Add remaining butter and heat until it melts. Pour over mussels and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(46)
Reviews in English (41)
This recipe was prepared in less than half an hour and was BETTER than that italian restaurant chain that I love so much!! Excellent receipe. If you love mussels, you will love this.-10 Mar 2000
This recipe was amazing! I was a little nervous about making mussels as I'd never made them before, but this recipe was so easy. I bought live mussels that were already debearded. My boyfriend is from Cape Breton NS and had lots of good advice for making mussels. Soak them in fresh water for a half hour and they'll filter out most of the sand. Throw out any mussels that don't close up tight after being soaked, and after steaming, throw out any that don't open. This made a great romantic Valentine's Day meal with a few glasses of wine and some French bread!-19 Feb 2009
by TJ Johnson
This recipe was quick and easy to make but it was missing just one thing. Flavour. I won't be making this again.-07 Jul 2005