- Dish type
- Nut and seed cakes
- Pecan cake
A pumpkin cheesecake filling, made from pumpkin puree, dark brown sugar, butter, eggs and cream cheese is used to fill a biscuit base, before being baked and topped with a delicious sugared pecan topping.
88 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 23cm round cheesecake
- 55g pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 215g pumpkin puree
- 1 (23cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr
- Combine pecans and 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar; cut in butter with knives until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar; beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pumpkin puree. Pour mixture into biscuit base.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over cheesecake. Bake for 5 additional minutes or until butter and sugar melt. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Pumpkin puree can be purchased online. If you're feeling a little adventurous, add a pinch of cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves to the mix.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(103)
Reviews in English (72)
Awesome and easy! I did the individual cheesecakes and it worked great. I used a ginger snap in the bottom of a cupcake liner and then filled it about 3/4 full of filling. I cooked it for about 14 minutes and then added the topping. I cooked it for about 4 more minutes. So, so yummy! The cookie softens a little and makes a perfect no fuss crust. I did not need extra topping, in fact I had a little left over.-26 Nov 2008
I make this every Thanksgiving and there is never a slice left. Even if you don't like cheesecake or pumpkin pie you will love this. I always double the pecan and brow sugar topping...I like it to completely cover the pie. Happy Eating ;~) My husband always ask if I'm going to make that Pumkin Pecan Cheesecake again. He loves it.-16 Feb 2001
by Mc Coy
I made this for Thanksgiving 2005 and it was a HUGE hit with my family... they said it tasted like the Cheesecake Factory, which was what I was hoping to hear. I didn't find the topping to be enough to cover the cheesecake, so I doubled it and it was great. I also made my own graham cracker crust and pressed it into a springform pan, which gave it an authentic cheesecake presentation. The pumpkin butter is divine and can be used on just about anything... I made only half of what the recipe called for in the other entry and served it with some scones that I had made for breakfast Thanksgiving morning. Everyone raved about the pumpkin butter in the morning and when I served the cheesecake that night, I told them I used the same butter to make the cheesecake - they said that stuff should be bottled and sold! FABULOUS RECIPES, ELEANOR! Thank you so much for sharing!!!-05 Dec 2005