- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
Cubes of Polish sausage are cooked in a Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and hot pepper sauce. Serve with mashed potato and cabbage.
169 people made this
- 2 (400g) Polish sausage rings, sliced into 2.5cm pieces
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 150ml water
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:2hr
- Place sausage in a large saucepan. Add water to cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Drain, remove sausage and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In the same saucepan combine the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, diced onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce and water. Bring all to the boil, stirring. Place sausage in an oven proof casserole dish and pour over the sauce mixture.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(182)
Reviews in English (144)
Loved the surprising sweetness of this dish! Will certainly be making it again!-27 Oct 2016
Was quite sweet, but really tasty-04 Sep 2016
by DC in TX
We loved this! Instead of the stovetop method -I first boiled the sausage for about 10 minutes and then I through all of the ingredients together in my slow cooker and let the flavors meld together on low for 8 hours...YUMMY! Served it over rice with veggies on the side. So good we wish we had more sausage in the house to make it again tomorrow! Will do again and again...-04 Mar 2003