- Meat and poultry
- BBQ chicken
- BBQ chicken breasts
Why go out for Thai when you can make it at home? This delicious Thai-style chicken satay recipe calls for chicken marinated in a peanut, soy and citrus sauce. Perfect for a party.
1336 people made this
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 7 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
MethodPrep:2hr10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:2hr30min
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot sauce. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours; overnight is best.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers, then cook for 5 minutes per side.
No barbecue? Make these chicken skewers under the grill.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(691)
Reviews in English (524)
Altered ingredient amounts.With the addition of 2 more tablespoons of peanut butter, this marinate was truly delicious.-07 Aug 2008
Something else.Serve with chopped cucumber and red onion mixed with a little lime juice.-07 Aug 2008
Really good the first time when I served it as intended. Second time I tried to serve as a main over rice and it was dry and a big let down. Skewer it, cook it, and serve it as a satay as you are supposed to!-14 Aug 2011