- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
Chicken breasts are flattened, then layered with roasted almonds, fresh spinach leaves and Parmesan. They cook in a vinaigrette which keeps the chicken moist.
8 people made this
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 100g sliced almonds
- 80g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 60g fresh spinach leaves
- 80ml French dressing or balsamic vinaigrette
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place the chicken breasts between two resealable freezer bags on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the breasts with the smooth side of a meat mallet or heavy pan to a thickness of 5mm; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the almonds, and cook until dark, golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a board and evenly divide the toasted almonds among them. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, then arrange the spinach leaves over top. Roll each chicken breast up and secure with cocktail sticks. Pour half of the vinaigrette into a casserole dish and place the chicken rolls into the dish seam-side-down. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over the top.
- Cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. Let the chicken rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
by Jason Nelson
Meh, it was o.k. 10 minutes is definitely way to long to try to brown the almonds, they burn a lot faster than that.-16 Jun 2011
by Kay Cole
I loved the flavors in this dish. My husband and I are on opposite shifts so we don't get to eat together but he called me on his lunch break to tell me how good it was. I served this with a spinach rice casserole and steamed asparagus.-18 Jul 2010
Awesome! My 10 year old and 9 year old loved this. We will definitely make it again! I did not toast the almonds according to the recipe, but put them in the oven for a couple of minutes. Other than that, I didn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing!-22 Jan 2012